Waterlogging in frost, a wrong move with the wheelbarrow or a strong gust of wind: Terracotta pots have a crack. Half wild, because terracotta is repairable. So stick your pot.
How to repair terracotta with glue?
The best way to repair terracotta pots is to use water-resistant two-component glue. This not only sticks the individual fragments together, but also fills in smaller gaps or gaps. This is particularly helpful in repairing when the cuts do not have smooth edges.
- Two-component adhesive
- Fine brush
- Duct tape
- Possibly water-resistant paint
- Sharp knife
- Remove cracks or cracks from dust with a brush.
- In case of only a fragment of this, dry-assemble with the empty terracotta pot as the glue only has a short processing time.
- Then apply adhesive on both sides, insert and fix tightly with adhesive tape. With cracks the same procedure is used.
- If there are several parts, put them dry as well. Stick an adhesive tape taut on one side over the composite terracotta fragments so that they do not slip anymore. Take from the pot. Now the tape with the individual pieces attached to it can be opened like a book. Apply two-component adhesive on both sides of the breaklines and fold them together again. Firmly fix with a second adhesive tape.
- Let it harden, peel off adhesive tape and remove any remaining adhesive with a sharp knife. For several cuts, these are now attached as the only fragment in the same way on the terracotta pot.
- To protect the glued area against moisture from the inside, you can now seal it with a protective layer of waterproof paint several centimeters wide.
Smaller cracks and breakages in small pots are repairable even with superglue.
Tip: Embellish repaired areas
If you want to give the patched terracotta pot an extra personal touch, you can also laminate the repaired areas with acrylic or enamel paint. Or they stick small mosaic stones, marbles or stones, these set playful accents. The fantasy knows no limits!
If glue is no longer enough, we also could utilize the terracotta and decorate in details as follow picture.
Sometimes the break is broken in so many pieces that you can no longer stick the terracotta pot. Nevertheless, the pot is not lost and can still be very decorative. For example, plant it with cacti or succulents that grow out of the break. So you miss natural, Mediterranean gardens or cottage gardens beautiful details – without glue.
These terracotta-style planters can not break, please refer below product as follows.